Coaching Skills for Managers & Business Owners
Coaching Skills Workshop Outline
For managers/leaders who want to develop coaching skills and learn and practice a coaching style of management. Gain a clear understanding of what coaching really is. Learn how to enhance your leadership skills and improve your team's performance by incorporating a coaching philosophy into your leadership style. Enhance your coaching skills, and/or introduce formal coaching structure into the workplace.
- What coaching really is
- Benefits of using a coaching style
- The GROW model - a simple and effective coaching model to follow
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Models of Change and Motivation
- Become a more effective manager/leader with enhanced coaching skills
- Incorporate coaching into your current role and responsibilities
- Improved feedback and communication skills
- Conduct better performance appraisals
- Increase staff performance, morale and retention of staff.
- Encourage others to set goals, take risks and solve problems
One, two or three day program. The generic public program is a one day workshop. As with all Shire Coaching & Training workshops, the program will be tailored to meet the needs of the participants (and the organisation for in-house programs). Highly interactive sessions including lots of real coaching practice. Case studies are developed to suit your scenarios.
Further workshops can be designed to focus on specific areas, and to allow further practice and ongoing development. This also ensures the learning is applied into practice. Segments of this program can also be tailored to your needs into 1 to 2 hour sessions.
If you are a larger organisation, and really serious about turning your managers into coaches, click here for details of our “Workplace Coaching” programs.
Click here for info on Workplace Coaching
Previous participant’s feedback –
“The Coaching Skills for Managers course gave me a new view on one-to-one management & practical ways on how to apply theories” Ben Ryan, Royal&Sun Alliance.
“Each time I attend Barbara’s sessions I feel more and more excited about achieving my goals and also understanding of how to take action.” Jo Brown, Business Owner, 3E
Back to workshops and training programs